i really just want to road trip around north america with a group of friends and maybe a boyfriend and have an awesome indie/alternative/pop/rock soundtrack playing at all times and we crash in motels and eat greasy diner foods and take turns driving and see stupid land marks and take lots of pictures and it’s fun and easy and cliche and stupid
my problem with writing stories is that i’d rather imagine it and play it out in my mind than actually put it into words
dat practical armor
I love every aspect of this.
yes yes practical armor is super rad and stuff BUT IT IS A BLACK WOMAN REPRESENTING VANILLA ASS HUMANS IN A D&D HANDBOOK. THIS IS HUGE FOR ME! SHE’S NOT SOME “TRIBESWOMAN FROM THE SOUTHERN WILDS” OR SOME OTHER STUPID BULLSHIT THAT TRIES TO CONVINCE US BLACK PEOPLE NEED TO HAVE THEIR EXISTENCE EXPLAINED IN A FANTASY WORLD, GOD DAMMIT THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY
It’s not just that.
The illustrations in the PHB are wonderful. The archtypical wizard is a black man, the gnome is a female ranger. They are getting a lot of shit for their wording not being tumblr-precise in the statement of genders, and for who they recruited for ideas, but this is how things change. They change by the examples in books being diverse, by phrases in books by people that those not fighting see as establishment. By the right way becoming a background thing that is just there, is not highlighted.
As a friend of mine said “I look forward to the day when this isn’t remarkable”.
It’s not perfect. And by the time we reach perfect, perfect will have changed. but it’s a step towards better, and by those steps does perfect come closer.
im making friends with the netflix customer service guy
how sweet of you
I’M TALKING TO A DIFFERENT ONE AND TROY ASKED ABOTU ME
ideal relationship: we maintain idle conversation while playing separate video games
Bo Burnham put it best.
me after reading the comments section in any article, ever: this world can only be cleansed with fire.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
Taking naked pictures of yourself does not make you a bad person. People who share them without your permission are bad people.
breaking news: evil feminist leader Anita Sarkeesian ruins gaming everywhere forever by saying “that’s pretty sexist, how about not doing that.”
nice guys everywhere are suffering. now they cannot beat up a hooker and steal her money without thinking “maybe this is sexist”. the american way has truly collapsed and our nation will never be the same. please take off your fedoras for a moment of silence.